Thursday, July 24, 2014

Exhaustion...but in a good way!

Uhhh! I am tired. I should have done my blog first thing before I left class. A lesson in time management I guess.  It makes me also think about the conversation I had at lunch the other day with a few of my colleagues from class.  How do we minimize our workload, and rather maximize each opportunity. For example:  I have been taking hand written notes...then I have to transfer these to my blogs, a multi-step process right?  A better option is starting to record in all the various options that exist technology wise, (directly in the blog, notepad, and even the new one I learned about, Evernote!) Old habits die hard I guess.

For my first exposure to IMOVIE, I would have to say I truly enjoyed the exploration. Though I paled in comparison to many of the others, I felt good about what I learned, especially being able to incorporate Garage Band.

Tonight was a crunch trying to get my project done. Main difficulties using google presentation: I could not figure out how to insert a word document onto the google presentation and scale it down. I even tried emailing it to my google account and storing it in my drive.  Oh well, maybe one of you can help me with it in the morning.  I really want it in my power point in order to contrast what I was going to present to my staff before this tech class...which was super boring...kind of like the video I used in my presentation because it was the only one for PPS I could find on teacher evaluation collaboration.  You will see!

OK, exhausted...

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with the time management piece. I did not take notes in my blogs either. However, I have not pulled a pen out of my bag all week! I used Evernote. But, for other things, transitioning to all "tech" is hard. I still keep a paper copy of my students scores and grades and enter them in manually. It is nice to have that paper piece to visually look at and see patterns and progress. However, I have not "balanced a checkbook" in years. Slightly scary thought. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Uhhh! I am tired. I should have done my blog first thing before I left class..." this was so me this morning! :) 3 classes in a row get it done, but my head is so full! I loved your video, I'm sure that your presentation will be fabulous and it has been great spending time with you! I wish you the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To "animate" a powerpoint slide by having a line appear at at time:

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint-help/animate-text-by-letter-word-or-paragraph-HP003083314.aspx

    ReplyDelete